Over the years I’ve learned some things when it comes to planning Date Nights. These 5 things have really helped when I’ve wanted to do something extra special for us.
Here they are 🙂
Photo credit Jolly Voyager
1. Plan your theme – This may sound silly and you might be wondering “what theme, it’s just date night”. But sometimes a theme really comes in handy. What if you want to do “movie night” or “game night”. Pick your activities, food, etc. around that theme.
2. Gather your needed ingredients/items the day or two before – Sometimes I’m a procrastinator, and then things come up, and the date night I had planned doesn’t turn out so ‘romantical’. It always works out better if you gather your things at least the day before – you’ll be more relaxed and it’ll lead to a better evening.
3. Plan an easy supper for the kiddos – So, it’s not a sin to feed your kids PB and J or hotdogs for supper on an evening that you’ve got a date planned – especially if you’re planning on making a special meal or snack for you and your man. Be easy on yourself! (It’s not a sin to feed them these things even if you don’t have a date night planned, not that I know anything about this)
4. Don’t feel guilty for letting the kids watch a video while you get ready for ‘date night’ – There is going to be some prep that will need your undivided attention. The food, yourself, all takes time to get ready. If you need/or want to take a shower before your husband comes home, take the time to do it! No matter what catches his eye – high heels or a baseball cap – he’ll notice that you made an effort.
5. Think ‘happy thoughts’ about your man all day long 🙂 – And, yes, by ‘happy’ I mean sexual. Let’s face it, there are all sorts of things clamoring for our attention as wives and mothers. If we don’t intentionally fix our minds on our men, we might miss out on a spectacular evening 😉