I first saw this recipe floating around the internet about a year ago. Savory foods are my go-to snack, so when I saw bacon and cream cheese, I knew that I had to try them. There are several variations out there, so get creative. I found a rather straight-forward recipe over at the Brown Eyed Baker. This recipe, though makes enough for a crowd, can be easily adapted for just two people.
Be aware – they’re addictive.
Yield: 40 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 20 whole, fresh jalapeños
- 2 8-oz blocks of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 to 2 pounds of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Stuff each jalapeño half with cream cheese. Wrap each jalapeño half with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. If after 20 minutes the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish. Just keep a close eye so they don’t burn! Serve immediately or at room temperature.
These would be a great snack for those nights when you and your man break out the cards or a game of Scrabble.